16th to 23rd December
This program is now in its 11th year of operation and 2nd up here in Townsville. Usually, our most feared yet rewarding of all the things we do at Hammer. There is something about this program that makes us quiver and get excited. Each year we have modified, tinkered and improved this program and we are getting pretty good at the whole set up (if we don’t say ourselves). But once again the brains trust have thought to shake it up again with an even more daring and rewarding approach for overreaching.
This year we are trying something a little bolder. Usually we look to do 14 to 15 sessions in 10 days. We use ice baths to help get us ready and recovered for each day right up until the end. We laugh, we cry, and we feel we have earned a bloody good break.
However, last year we changed the format to make it almost like a training camp. We are concentrating the days to only 7. Nevertheless, still achieved 14 sessions in these 7 days. Ludicrous I know but it worked!
So based on the success of this program last year and new equipment and new space available. It allows us to cater for more people and to get more adventurous with our program design pushing our limits even further and go for 15 sessions in 7 days. If you did last year at least you know what you are walking in to, but if this is your first time well you are in for a treat, as this should push your boundaries both physically and mentally to parts you haven’t done before.
Usually, we do our best to avoid or minimise residual fatigue from session to session but, in this case, it’s actually the desired effect. So be prepared to feel cooked. To help with that feeling we are in talks with some pretty cool recovery modalities that aren’t necessary available to the general public. We are getting our hands on some very cool technology as well as do the basics incredibly well. Therefore, throughout this short intense period of training, we are doing everything we can both in the gym and in regard to recovery to get the best possible results for everyone involved.
HERE IS A SNAPSHOT OF THE CLINIC:
- Friday 16th December: 2 sessions – am / pm resistance sessions
- Saturday 17th December: 3 sessions – am/ midday/ pm conditioning and resistance sessions
- Sunday 18th December: 2 sessions – am / pm resistance and conditioning sessions
- Monday 19thDecember: 2 sessions – am / pm resistance sessions
- Tuesday 20th December: 2 sessions – am / pm resistance sessions
- Wednesday 21st December: 1 session – am conditioning session
- Thursday 22ndDecember: 2 session – am / pm resistance session
- Friday 23rdDecember: 1 session – am only metabolic session
- 15 x sessions over 7 days
- Post-session nutrition (Protein and drink)
- Ice baths and Normatecs
- Hard Work and great comradery!
- POST OVEREACHING program
$350 including GST upfront
(This can be split over 4 x weekly payments of $87.50 on 20th/27th December and 3rd/ 10th January)